15 Accounting Research Paper Topic Ideas That Will Get You Inspired
One of the biggest challenges to writing your research paper is choosing the topic that will really motivate and inspire you, one that your passion shines through. One great way of choosing the ultimate topic is to browse through lists of ideas. The following list of 15 ideas for topics will give you a starting place to come up with your own unique and brilliant topic.
- Auditing – within this category you could choose to go with something general and give an overview, or settle on something more specific. Focusing on details would narrow the scope of your paper but give more depth. Either choice works well.
- Cash flow – a key area of accounting, you could write a paper on how it has changed and evolved over time, and how it can be improved in the future, especially with a developing economy.
- Debt management – this can play a serious role in the present as well as in future years. What are some of the problems that can be avoided in the future; what are some of the current problems that need to be resolved?
- Financial markets – stocks, commodities and currencies all play a role in the world economy yet many people still misunderstand them. How can accountants help to raise awareness and understanding?
- Personal finances – what are the advantages for hiring accountants to do personal financial reports? In what ways can they help the individual person or the small business owner? What role can they play in the economy?
- Payroll accounting – managing many persons on a payroll can be confusing and complicated. How can accountants help the process take place more smoothly and accurately?
- Tax – a topic everyone seems to be interested in. It is a legal obligation; how can individuals and corporations become more organized and know the current tax laws?
- Managerial accounting – how to help managers make better decisions based on the information they have in regards to their company’s accounting?
- Organisational culture – how does the culture of an organisation affects its procedures for accountancy?
- How do poor methods in accounting cause a business to lose profits?
- Should people who prepare tax forms for individuals be required to have certification and licensure?
- What role does technology play in accounting?
- Discuss a commonly known accounting method used in business. What are its strengths and weaknesses?
- Discuss a current event involving accounting. Find an interesting angle to explore.
- How can small businesses better employ accounting methods to benefit their bottom line?
Accounting is a vast topic area and encompasses many sub-topics. Choosing appropriate accounting dissertation topics can be difficult and overwhelming. Research topics in accounting typically relate to fundamental topics in accounting as well as statements that can be corroborated or challenged and present scope for research in accounting. Choosing a dissertation topic in accounting is also a rewarding activity if you have a broad idea of the scope of research in accounting that you are willing to pursue. Educational organizations generally segregate learning objectives based on the level of study and hence finding dissertation topics in accounting that correspond to your level of study should be the ideal beginning.
List of Accounting Dissertation Topics
The following is a list of some current accounting topics for dissertation that can help you get started on a challenging yet oddly fulfilling journey in your quest to become a true academic. Either, you are pursuing an undergraduate degree and seeking research topics in accounting for undergraduate, or is enrolled in masters to become an accounting graduate and need master thesis accounting topics, you can get some unique dissertation topics for accounting students here.
And here’s your list:
Financial Accounting Research topics:
A systematic review of the financial accounting tools for monitoring liquidity levels.
Capital Structure determinants of SMEs- the case of the Nigerian SME sector.
A discussion on the Asset liability management in the Australian banking sector.
Valuation for mergers and acquisitions- the major determinants
Check out the compilation of financial accounting dissertation topics here.
Management accounting research topics:
A comparison of the role of management accounting versus financial accounting in a textile factory unit.
An exploration of capital budgeting under restraint in developing economies.
An explorative analysis of the complementary and competing nature of Activity Based Costing and Just in Time methodology.
A comparison of payback, IRR and ROI as effective capital budgeting techniques.
Many accounting students search for topic in management accounting to write their research work. We know your need and have made a seperate management accounting dissertation topics post to fulfil this need.
Accounting and finance research topics:
A survey on the increasing incidence of textual analysis in reading financial statements.
An analytical discussion on the major ethical issues in accounting and finance within the context of the oil and gas sector.
A review of the degree of application of IFRS in Asia Pacific- the case of Malaysia and Singapore.
A theoretical evaluation of the relationship between stock performance and CEO qualities.
Considering an enormous amount of searches in this field, we have created a completely separate topic post for our visitors on accounting and finance dissertation topics.
Auditing research topics:
A comparative review of the differences between in-house and external auditors.
An analysis of the tradition of auditing consultancy firms providing audit and assurance services in emerging economies.
What are the challenges presented by fair value measurements to external audits? Lessons from the UK.
How is risk-based auditing different from traditional auditing?
Looking for more topics, check the auditing dissertation topics post contains more than 20 topics for you.
Tax accounting research topics:
A comparative analysis of the traditional versus new taxation policies for dividends in developed countries.
A rationale for tax exemption of non-profit organizations.
How are SMEs impacted by taxation policy in developing countries?
A discussion on the changes in health insurance taxation policies in the US.
An argumentative paper on the statement- Taxation is a human rights policy.
Bookkeeping research topics:
A literature review on the magical wonder of the double entry bookkeeping model.
An exploratory paper on the role of the double entry bookkeeping model and the creation of modern accounting systems.
A comparative analysis of the element of rationality in the Single versus Double entry system of bookkeeping.
How does early bookkeeping education impact subsequent accounting achievement of students at the college level?
The role of electronic bookkeeping may negate the need for an accountant- a discussion.
E-Accounting/ Online Accounting research topics:
A systematic review of the major limitations of accounting for E-commerce?
Taxation issues in electronic accounting- destination-based or resource-based?
A look at the decision support systems available for the online accounting environment.
Challenges for electronic accounting of internet service provision- an investigative analysis.
What are the factors to be considered in financial disclosures in the electronic accounting environment? An empirical study
Accounting Information Systems research Topics:
An understanding for the development considerations of accounting information systems in multinationals.
How do large accounting information systems safeguard data privacy? Evidence from the UK?
A research based discussion on Accounting Information Systems in developing countries.
A comparative analysis of Accounting Information Systems for decision making in medium and large enterprises.
Cloud computing and the crucial role of data management in global accounting information systems.
Research topics for Ethics in Accounting:
How relevant is the application of ethical judgment to the quantitative nature of accountancy?
Arguing a case for ethics education in accountancy programs at North American Universities.
A review of the major accounting frauds in the past ten years and how ethical judgment could have altered the course of the events.
How effective has the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (2002) been in addressing unethical accounting conduct at major American banks?
Myopic management and its relationship with firm valuation-a look at selected American firms.
Paid Topic Consultation Service
In this service, We will send you few topics as per your requirements. After you approve a topic, on an approved topic, you will get dissertation topic brief of at least 250-word which includes;
- An explanation why we choose this topic.
- 2-3 research questions.
- Key literature resources identification.
- Suitable methodology with identification of raw sample size, and data collection method
- View a sample of topic consultation service
Get expert dissertation writing help to achieve good grades
By placing an order with us, you can get;
- Writer consultation before payment to ensure your work is in safe hands.
- Free topic if you don't have one
- Draft submissions to check the quality of the work as per supervisor's feedback
- Free revisions
- Complete privacy
- Plagiarism Free work
- Guaranteed 2:1 (With help of your supervisor's feedback)
- 2 Instalments plan
- Special discounts
There you go. Use the list well and let us know if you have any comments or suggestions for our topics related blog posts for the future.